Friday, February 15, 2013

So who's Kathy Anyway?


   If you have been reading the past few posts, you may be wondering who this new person is writing for the Essencia Yoga blog.  Well, I am here to introduce myself.  My name is Kathy Szczesniak.  I found Jeannine through the Yoga Alliance website when I was looking for a local yoga studio that does teacher training.  She was the first school I called, and the last.  At first, I was unsure if I was ready to take the plunge into becoming a certified yoga teacher, and Jeannine made sure that I knew that was okay and to take my time.  Well, I am here to tell you that everything happens for a reason.  Over the next couple of months, Jeannine and I kept in contact until I found some time in my schedule to begin training.  What an experience!  My first day, I was welcomed with hugs and laughter while all the other teachers in training welcomed me with open arms.

  Since I have finished my training as of January 31st, Jeannine has given me the wonderful opportunity to help out with the Essencia blog.  I have a health blog of my own (Luana Ola) that I have been writing on for just over 2 years.  I am so honored to now be writing for Essencia as well!

   For a little bit about my background, I have a bachelor's degree in Exercise Sport Science from Carthage College and am currently working on a license to be a Registered Dietitian at Dominican University.  I am also a published author of the book, Medieval Feats and Marvelous Treats.

  These posts are inspired by conversations we've had thorough training and spontaneous ideas.  I hope you have been enjoying the posts and will enjoy the posts to come as well.  Please feel free to comment all you'd like, we love to hear what our readers have to say!


We have found a joy in partnering in this adventure.  When we work together, we can lean on each other for strength and courage to pursue anything.

Luana ola!
Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment